James William Bennett built the Volunteer Hotel and established his wheelwrights business on this site in the 1860s. It was renamed the Park View Hotel after World War One and in 1955 was remodeled and renamed the Wagon Wheel. It is significant as the site upon which the Bennett family established what was to become an important local industry, and the forerunner of the Bennett Wagon Works. In the late 1990s the name of the hotel reverted back to the name Park View. In 2006 it was renamed The King of the Mountain, and today it is known as the Wagon Wheel once again.